THE CHARCOAL PROJECT - BBQ DYNAMITE STICKS
DANGER! Spicy, cheesy, bacony, slow-cooked goodness ahead.
- 500g fatty pork mince
- 12 jalapeno
- 12 cannelloni tubes
- 1/2 brown onion
- 48 slices of streaky bacon (4 slices per roll)
- 2 tablespoons of Worcester sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Wyld Smoke Rib Rub
- Jarlsberg Cheese
- 250ml of barbecue sauce (thicker sauces are better)
- Cut the end off the chillies leaving 2cm from the stalk and set the stalk end aside (de-seeded). De-seed and finely chop half of the jalapeno flesh and set aside (if you like it HOT, add as much as you like).
- Finely dice the onion and place in the bowl along with the jalapeno, pork mince, 80ml BBQ sauce, the Worcester sauce and Wyld Smoke Rib Rub. Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Cut the cheese into small sticks long enough to run down the 3/4 of the cannelloni tube.
- Place the jalapeno in one end of the cannelloni tube, push the cheese in the other end and fill the rest of the tube with the mince mixture.
- To wrap in bacon, cut one piece in half lengthwise and lay over the end of the cannelloni tube running lengthwise.
- Overlap the other three slices of bacon to be just over the length of the tube, brush with BBQ sauce (really important!) and wrap the cannelloni tube in bacon. Refrigerate until you're ready to cook.
- Set your BBQ up for indirect cooking (we suggest using a Weber with a single charcoal basket up against one side of your Weber and 3/4 chimney of Heatbeads Coconut briquettes fully lit). You want a temperature of 350F approx.
- Once at temp. place on the grill (indirect) for 45 minutes (you're looking to get a deep smokey colour into the bacon before glazing).
- At roughly the 45 minute mark, brush on your BBQ sauce on to glaze and close the lid again for 10 minutes.
- Lift the lid and give them another brush with BBQ sauce. Close the lid for another 15 minutes and you're ready to go!